The RTA actively develops technology solutions to improve transit in the region, both from an operations standpoint and for passengers. The common theme for these technologies is seamless transportation, facilitated by a fully-integrated, multi-modal information system. Benefits include expanded trip planning options for the public, as well as operational and service improvements for the CTA, Metra, and Pace. These technologies include:
- goroo® Online Trip Planner
- Objective: Provide residents and visitors with a one-stop shop for regional travel planning.
- Unlike other online trip planning tools, goroo® combines transportation options into a single resource — including the CTA, Metra, and Pace, as well as driving, walking and biking directions. Users can review side-by-side comparisons of trip itineraries using transit, driving, walking, biking or a combination of these options. This new tool incorporates convenience, efficiency and cost among other features, while utilizing all forms of available transportation.
- Transit Signal Priority (TSP)
- Objective: Improve transit operating efficiency while complementing congestion reduction efforts.
- We are providing funding and technical assistance for field deployments of Transit Signal Priority by the CTA and Pace. Initial deployments include CTA bus routes serving Western Avenue, and Pace routes serving the Harvey Transportation Center.